Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ginger Snaps


My mom used to make these cookies as I was growing up and they became my absolute favorite treat.  This recipe is so easy and the smell of these baking is better than any fall-scented candle out there.

Ginger Snap Cookies

2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 T molasses
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger

Mix oil, sugar, egg, and molasses.  Add flour, soda, salt and spices.  make small balls and roll in sugar.  Bake at 325 degrees for about 13 minutes.

Let me know if you make these and how you like them.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I don't think I have ever had homemade ginger snaps and this is certainly the best time of the year for them as the cold is really here to stay and the flurries were out taunting me yesterday! : )

    I will try these cookies...I am assuming you use powdered ginger? Hmmm, I am thinking maybe I would take a hunk of fresh peeled ginger and let it steep in the oil overnight. I am a huge fan of fresh ginger...just toss it in boiling water, add some honey and drink...so good!! : )

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. Your voice and story are important to this space.